G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL

+16
76Chevelle2Tone
zucchi
bucket
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Limey SE
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
ant7377
73ss
Joe73
bigredlaguna
thatfnthing
Mcarlo77
77camino
fasrnur
Zaptiah
S3SS
20 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 Empty Re: Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm

bracketchev1221 wrote:Was his motor an oval port head motor too?  I thought you had the 781 heads on yours.  

Yes his was Oval he was running it on also why I didn't think much of it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 Empty Re: Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL

Post by bracketchev1221 Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 pm

They’ll be fine then. I think the victor jr type eliminates the bolt between the intake runners. I want to use a rectangle port victor jr on my 496.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Yesterday at 11:39 pm

Yay Accomplished what I wanted and flexplate is being delivered tonight after the wrong one got sent and then had to argue with them that is was Used I said any Dumbass knows you dont put Washers on a Flex plate for any reason so yea It was a Used SO CALLED BRAND NEW One UHHHH NOPPPEEE

Have New flex plate now was delivered tonight and double-checked fitment before they left NOW RAIN FOR TWO DAYS shitttttt... Well any ways I got some stuff outta the way Only thing left is top dead center again since swapped Manifolds and Install fresh intake gaskets and seal her up for GOOD

Ran out of daylight for spark plug installment that's why wires just sitting there

Headers and gaskets on
Water pump on
Next is intake gaskets
Flexplate next
Then reinstall transmission progress is progress right ?

Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 44044110
Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 44048410
Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 44146410
Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 43925910
Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 44017310
Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 44153610
Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 43626010
Rusty's progress Done stuff again LOL  - Page 12 43767311

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Today at 8:37 am

Did you used the Nord-Lock Wedge-Locking washers on your header bolts?
Speaking for myself, constantly retightening my header bolts every couple months got old faster than organic non-GMO fruit. In the years since I went with the wedge-locking washers, I haven't needed to retighten my header or collector bolts.

I see you have a vacuum canister. Will you be using that to supplement just your brake booster or will it also supply vacuum to your AC and cruise control?
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Today at 7:43 pm

zucchi wrote:Did you used the Nord-Lock Wedge-Locking washers on your header bolts?
Speaking for myself, constantly retightening my header bolts every couple months got old faster than organic non-GMO fruit. In the years since I went with the wedge-locking washers, I haven't needed to retighten my header or collector bolts.

I see you have a vacuum canister. Will you be using that to supplement just your brake booster or will it also supply vacuum to your AC and cruise control?

Yes on locking header bolts I hate retighten retighten retightening there the summit branded Locking bolts

Vaccuum canister is to Supplement my brake booster for my cam is on the edge for needing one, so just bit the bullet was 20 Bucks shipped from a FB friend so figured cheap stopping insurance NO AC NO CRUISE

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12